What is Atlantis USX software defined storage? How does it work on Citrix XenServer? What does the impact of hyper converged on Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp workloads? If I'm using Citrix XenServer for non-VDI workloads, is software defined storage applicable to me?
This is Part IV in a blog series looking to answer such questions and provide insight into the possibilities of reducing the costs of delivering a virtualised environment while improving the performance: without splitting infinitives.
Atlantis USX can be used to pool SAN, NAS, DAS, and as we'll show here RAM to provide you with optimised storage. With Atlantis USX, you can transition seamlessly from costly shared storage systems to lower cost hyper-converged systems and public cloud storage.
The Atlantis USX and Citrix XenServer blog series covers the following :-
- Part I - The Test Environment & Import AMC
- Part II - Atlantis USX Initial Setup
- Part III - Creating a Simple In Memory Volume
- Part IV - Creating a Simple Flash Volume
- Part V - Creating a Simple Hybrid Volume
- Part VI Creating a Hyper Converged Volume
- Part VII - Creating a Hybrid Volume
- Part VIII - Management
- Part IX - Maintenance
You don't have to watch them in a box-set marathon. That said, it'd help with the story arc if you did check them all out, but ultimately this series is more Star Trek than Game of Thrones.